Saturday, May 2, 2009

Saturday Morning Pick-Me-Up!

Last night I made the rookie mistake of staying out past my bed time all the while knowing i had a pleasant 5:30 A.M. wake-up call coming my way. A couple of Bombay Sapphires to the dome, some good company and some quality tunes led me to believe that two hours of sleep was more than enough for my 7 hour work day. Did i mention that today is Saturday? FML!

Some people need that bowl of Kashi and a banana to jump start their day (one of my faves), or maybe that go-to cup of Joe to stop the morning shakes. These were not going to work for me this time. I hopped in the car around 6 A.M. dreading the day to come. I turned the key and the radio ignited with the sweet sounds of WLS-FM True Oldies. This is not uncommon considering it is my numero uno preset on the car stereo.

With in seconds i found myself sitting a little taller--my eyes wide open with a smile on my face-- and i owe it all to Chairmen of the Board (what a sweet band name!), one of the smoothest and most popular soul acts to emerge from Detroit in the early '70s. This morning i felt like shit...but by the time this 2 1/2 minute masterpiece slowly faded out, i was ready like Freddy!

Just listen and you will feel it!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment